Sedation will provide you a way of getting your dental work done while totally relaxed and completely comfortable.
- Sedation is achieved with the use of various oral sedatives (triazolam, lorazepam and hydroxyzine) and nitrous oxide or what is commonly called laughing gas.
- Sedation is NOT general anesthesia; there are no IV’s or injections of sedatives.
- You will NOT be “knocked out”.
- Sedation allows you to be conscious and responsive.
- You will be very sleepy and relaxed.
- You will be able to verbalize your needs and wants.
- You will be monitored during your entire appointment with blood pressure and pulse oximetry.
- Someone will be with you at all times.
- The sedatives used are amnesiacs – you will have little or no memory of the experience.
- The sedatives used relax your nervous system so you will feel little discomfort and will probably not need any pain medication post-operatively.
- You will continue to relax the rest of the day and into the evening; a responsible companion should be with you until the following day.
We also have other alternative natural choices for sedation. Please contact us for more information.
Oxygen and Nitrous Oxide are also available.